At a time when hand sanitizer is very hard to find use this simple recipe to make your own. create "sanitizing stations" at key points around your home and use it after handling mail, packages, takeout food deliveries and anytime you've come into contact with anything new coming into your home. if you are driving, keep a bottle in the car and use it when you leave the vehicle.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol
- 10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
- Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
- Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it "hand sanitizer."